A guide to post-high school life

Riley Hazel, Editor-in-Chief

This story was originally published in the first issue of The Bear Truth (October 11, 2019).

As the new school year begins, students are faced with many tasks: homework, studying, rehearsals, and practices, just to name a few. Their daily schedule increases in size, and the thought of their future disappears. In the case that you need some guidance along your journey here at Winter Springs High School, here are some things to put on your post-high school graduate to-do list. 

Freshman:

1. Put yourself out there! Don’t be afraid to join a club or become a member of the band. This is what ultimately sets you apart four years down the road in your college applications. 
  2. Have a goal in mind of where you want your life to be headed. Do you want to continue your education and attend college? Or do you want to enter the workforce? Many options are available to you, so make sure you consider them all.

Sophomores:

1. Be set on where you want to head off to. Having that goal in mind when you are studying on a Sunday afternoon for that Chemistry test is a bigger motivation than being undecided.
  2. Continue to seek out opportunities for you to become involved in your community, whether it be at school or at home.

Juniors:

1. If you are planning to head off to college, consider taking a few SAT prep courses or utilizing Khan Academy to improve your test scores.
  2. Begin to tour/visit your desired destinations. 

Seniors:

1. Look into potential job offers and listings! Apply to college!
  2. Don’t give in to senioritis. You may think that it doesn’t matter, but skipping out on a class or receiving a failing grade may prohibit you from graduating.