The student news site of Winter Springs High School

The Bear Truth News

• Follow The Bear Truth on Instagram @bear_truth_news

The Bear Truth News

The Bear Truth News

Freshman shows dedication through dance

Anika Pulickal is a Pre-IB freshman student at Winter Springs High School. She’s a dedicated member of multiple clubs on campus such as Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA), BETA club, and the Asian Student Association (ASA). In her free time, Anika enjoys reading, horseback riding and racing, baking, and playing the piano. 

Besides partaking in various clubs and hobbies, Pulickal has a passion for dancing. “I’ve trained in a classical form of Indian dance called Bharatanatyam for many years, and I continue to do Bollywood and Bollywood fusion dancing,” she explained. Her recent performance with the ASA at the September pep rally showcased her dedication to the sport and her culture.

Before attending Winter Springs, Anika was a student at St. Mary Magdalen Catholic School, a private school in Altamonte Springs. She says that the two experiences have been extremely different; however, the things she enjoys most about WSHS compared to St. Mary Magdalen Catholic School are the freedom and larger class sizes.

Though the switch has been challenging, Anika is looking forward to spending the rest of her academic career in the Springs. Anika announced,“I’m super [excited] to see what I can accomplish in the next four years at this amazing high school.”