The student news site of Winter Springs High School

The Bear Truth News

• Follow The Bear Truth on Instagram @bear_truth_news

The Bear Truth News

The Bear Truth News

Annabel Pines commits to community service

Annabel Pines is a junior attending Winter Springs High School. She is a bright student with a very promising future. Pines was born in San Francisco, California. She later moved to New York, where she lived up until freshman year. Pines and her family moved to Florida because she has a lot of family here. “I am very glad we moved here because I get to see my family all the time,” she said. To Pines the most important thing is family, and despite liking colder weather she will most likely end up staying here.

Pines is the president of the Key Club, as well as an outstanding runner on the Winter Springs JV Cross Country team. Pines is a dedicated student, and this goes to show with the amount of extracurriculars she participates in. She’s part of the IB program and the National Honor Society. She is an active member of the Asian Student Association. “It is a great way to meet kids at school and bond through eating good food,” she stated. Pines is a big fan of science, so she is also in the Science National Honor Society. Outside of school, she does community service for Key Club, and since Pines is in Cross Country, she runs everyday, including weekends. She is also involved in the teen program at her temple.

Pines hopes to have a career in animal medicine and plans on applying to some Ivy’s, but ultimately she wants to go to UF.

This year will be great for Pines, who hopes to study hard, get good grades, and hang out with her friends.