The student news site of Winter Springs High School

The Bear Truth News

• Follow The Bear Truth on Instagram @bear_truth_news

The Bear Truth News

The Bear Truth News

Dana Ogden Provides a Safe Community at Winter Springs High School

Courtesy of Ms. Dana Ogden

Winter Springs High School welcomes its newest member: Mrs. Dana I. Ogden.  The veteran teacher teaches English Honors and Debate.  She previously was an English teacher for 8 years and worked in information technology as a technical writer.  She brings to the classroom her enthusiasm for learning and offers a unique perspective to her students. Additionally, she encourages her students to partake in discussions and voice their opinions in her classes. She also aims to achieve certain learning objectives every day so that all of her students can comprehend new information. For example, on the first day of school, she achieved the learning objective of 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4 which teaches a student how to think logically, critically, and create their own decisions. 

The gregarious and multilingual teacher endeavors to foster a classroom of respect and curiosity among her students. In an email interview, Ogden reaffirmed: “I became a teacher to invest and to inspire our rising youth.” Ogden also encourages students to fabricate their own ideas and not be overly influenced by the media. 

Ogden advises students: “Love and respect yourself and others, explore, learn, identify, and refine your strengths and use your strengths with a vision and mission to contribute greatness to society.”  Furthermore, she hopes that her students know the following: “I want my students to know that I am here to serve & support my students, and our learning community, faithfully & purposefully.” With these high deals, our Bears are sure to be a roaring success in English Honors and Debate this year!