The student news site of Winter Springs High School

The Bear Truth News

• Follow The Bear Truth on Instagram @bear_truth_news

The Bear Truth News

The Bear Truth News

Teacher Spotlight

Teacher+Spotlight
Courtesy of dreamstime

Sergeant Major (Retired) Frederick Ramie says “Retirement is boring, and I enjoy our kids”  he enjoys teaching at WSHS. He spends the majority of his career as a physician recruiter in the military. He likes sports such as Jiu-Jitsu, Softball, and Bass Fishing. Colonel Dye, his oldest daughter, worked as a mental health counselor in Baltimore and has three other kids who are still in elementary school. He says, “My favorite memory since working at WSHS is taking 23 students on a field trip to Hawaii. We marched in the Pearl Harbor Memorial Parade and spent a week there sightseeing and eating a ton of food that the family prepared for us luau style.” He loved being around other soldiers, playing sports, traveling, and seeing other countries. His advice to people who dream of joining the military is to invest your money from year 1, and one will not have to work when one retires at 38 or higher, depending on your commission or enlistment entry date.” “My favorite memory since working at WSHS is taking 23 students on a field trip to Hawaii. We marched in the Pearl Harbor Memorial Parade and spent a week there sightseeing and eating a ton of food that the family prepared for us luau style.”