The student news site of Winter Springs High School

The Bear Truth News

• Follow The Bear Truth on Instagram @bear_truth_news

The Bear Truth News

The Bear Truth News

Ms. Turner Teaches Science

Ms. Ashley Turner is one of the valued science teachers here at Winter Springs High School. Alongside the rest of the science team, she has been teaching Environmental Science to freshmen and Chemistry to sophomores and juniors for two and a half years now. Many of her students adore her and appreciate her teaching style. She teaches in a way that makes complex topics easier for students to understand.

Ms. Turner attended University of Florida in Charlotte County and majored in Horticultural Science before she became a teacher at WSHS. Despite currently being a high school teacher, Ms. Turner has also worked as a biological scientist, lab technician, and an elementary school teacher. 

As many can probably tell, Ms. Turner takes great pleasure in studying science, so much so that she was on a trivia team back when she was in high school. Turner and her team made it to nationals for the Science Olympiad. She stated, “I love trivia and learning things.” Ms. Turner has an evident dedication to the subject that really shows how passionate Ms Turner is about science. Ms. Turner’s favorite subject is Chemistry. She said, “It was my favorite when I was in school, and it is fun to teach.” 

At home, Ms. Turner has a cute cat named Daisy that she loves spending time with. She also said that she spends her free time reading, playing video and board games, and baking. Ms. Turner revealed that her favorite video game is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and her favorite board game is Mysterium. In addition to gaming and reading, she enjoys baking cookies. Ironically, she does not enjoy eating the cookies; she instead shares them with others. Ms. Turner’s passion for teaching and down to earth attitude make her a wonderful addition to Winter Springs.