The student news site of Winter Springs High School

The Bear Truth News

• Follow The Bear Truth on Instagram @bear_truth_news

The Bear Truth News

The Bear Truth News

WSHS begins to rehearse their upcoming musical

Courtesy of wshs.theatre

Every year, Winter Springs High School has a Fall Musical. The “Little Shop of Horrors” is the Winter Springs High School’s Fall Musical for this year. The “Little Shop of Horrors” is a horror musical made in 1986, directed by Frank Oz. The showings for this musical are October 27-29. Auditions for the school’s musical were held on August 23 and callbacks were on August 25. The cast and crew members have been listed on the Instagram Winter Springs Theatre account.

Rehearsals started on September 10. The cast and crew are excited to present this musical to the audience. The viewers are also very excited, as they made sure to show their excitement when the news came out for this musical. “This season’s going to be so good! I’m so excited!” a student shared their thoughts on the school’s instagram.

The cast of the “Little Shop of Horrors” includes Adam Barnes as Seymour and Joshua Williams as the understudy of Seymour. Mallory Persons as Audrey and Juliana Do as the understudy of Audrey. Mr. Mushnik will be played by Emily Pearson and the understudy of Mr. Mushnik will be Nathaniel Griffin. Ethan Verderosa has the role of Orin Scrivello, with Jackson Bond being the understudy of Orin Scrivello. Audrey II will be portrayed by Damon McDaniel. Shia Lorenzano, Venishia Rodriguez, and Annaliese Trout will act as Seymour’s urchins. Audrey’s urchins will be played by Ellie Orsine, Lyla Parker, and Danielle Young. The ensemble includes Lorelei Bell, Bella Rose Gatton, Aliki Cafetazakis, and Karina Blackman.

The crew list of the “Little Shop of Horrors” includes many hard-working students. The head director/teacher is Ms. Riddick and student director is Peyton Wirth. Katelyn McInturff has the role of the stage manager with Amara Murphy and Alyana Smith as the assistant stage managers. The lighting designer is Emily Pearson, the lighting technician is Anthony Ortiz, the sound engineer is Cali Morgan, and the sound operator is Kiana Faid. Alaina Beaver as the publicity manager, Jazz Ehlers as the props manager, Meredith Hancock being the scenic designer, and the run crew includes Maxxie Bernstein, Isabella Bowers, Jada Kirkland, and Nya Brotherson. The spot ops are Naima Hurt and Rylee Vargas.The sound crew consists of Lilian Verderosa, Chloe Jones, and Caroline Elkins. The wardrobe crew includes Jason Jeffers, Leah Wabbe, and Samantha Latanza. Wardrobe manager is Keeleigh Sanders and the costume assistant is Iliana Aguilar Acosta. The front of the house is Audrey Dollard.

This year is Ms. Riddick’s second year working at WSHS. She has nine years of theatre experience and was a student at WSHS in the theatre program. She emphasizes more student involvement, in comparison with the “Little Shop of Horrors” musical performed 6 years ago at WSHS. “Overall, student involvement is how I’m trying to separate Winter Springs High School from all the other schools,” Riddick stated. She shared her excitement and confidence in the cast and crew, “The crew is spectacular and they’re so on it. I feel like all of the kids that I’ve chosen have either grown so much or have shown so much dedication that I’m nowhere near worried about the process…I think all of them are going to do fantastic and be true leaders.”