UCF dominates USF once again

Courtesy of WTSP

Scott Harris, Staff Reporter

On November 26, the UCF Knights football team took on their interstate rival USF Bulls at The Bounce House in Orlando, FL. The Knights have won the last 4 matches between each other and were looking to make it 5 to make the overall series between each other 7-6. With South Florida starting freshman quarterback Timmy McClain and Central Florida also starting their freshman quarterback Mikey Keene, the game was set to start with the largest crowd of the season for the Knights. As the ‘Bounce House’ was literally bouncing by home Knights fans, they were all ready for kickoff.

To start off the scoring in the first quarter, after about 9 minutes UCF’s Parker Navarro had a rushing touchdown for 3 yards with a kick by Daniel Obarski who gave the Knights the first lead. Later on, near the end of the first, the Bulls gained the ball back and answered back to UCF’s first touchdown with Timmy McClain’s 5-yard run. The game ended up being tied at 7 by the end of the quarter.

Both teams’ defensive forces were dominant in the second quarter as scoring was blank until the Knights finally capitalized to break the tie before halftime with a 7-yard pass to Brandon Johnson from quarterback Mikey Keene. The Bulls and Knights went into halftime with the score being 7-14

After the Marching Knights were done blaring their instruments to rally the home fans, the Knights were ready to continue scoring in the second half. But this wasn’t the case in the third quarter for the Knights. The Bulls scored 2 PAT attempts, being the only scoring in the quarter. The Knights continued to lead, but only by one point as the game was then 13-14 Central Florida.

Fans were on the edge of their seats in the fourth quarter as the Bulls would be one field goal away from taking the lead but the UCF knights capitalized with a field goal to make the final score 17-0.

With UCF winning, they finished their season 8-4 and this caused the USF Bulls to be 2-10. This is the fifth year in a row UCF has won this yearly matchup.