The student news site of Winter Springs High School

The Bear Truth News

• Follow The Bear Truth on Instagram @bear_truth_news

The Bear Truth News

The Bear Truth News

Moving to the movies, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire

A beloved franchise is returning to theaters. Ghostbusters: Frozen Ice will be coming to theaters this Spring.

The film is a comedy/sci-fi with returning cast members Finn Wolfhard, Mckenna Grace, and  Paul Rudd, Carrie Coon, Celeste O’Connor, Logan Kim reprising their characters from the previous film Ghostbusters: After Life, which became a success in cinematic. Actors Kumail Nanjiani and Patton Oswalt will be a new addition to the cast. 

The film will be the fourth movie in the Ghostbusters franchise, which started out in the year of 1984. It would also go on to become a television series, titled The Real Ghostbusters (1986–1991). The production made in 2021 made over around $75,000,000 to make, and earned over $203,614,138 worldwide. The original Ghostbusters starred Bill Murray as the group’s leader Peter Venkman, while Dan Aykroyd portrayed Ray Stantz, Harold Ramis starred as Egon Spengler and Ernie Hudson played Winston Zeddemore. The cast members returned for Ghostbusters ll in (1989). In 2016 the director decided to make a remake of the originals but with the following women as the main four, Melissa Mccarthy, Kirsten Wiig, Kate McKinnon, and Leslie Jones.

Afterlife, is based on the birth of new characters, with a few of the original cast to mentor them. The two young hunters are two Spengler siblings, Phoebe, a 12 year old girl, played by Mckenna Grace, Trevor, a 15 year old boy, played by Finn Wolfhard, moving from New York to Summerville, Oklahoma with their mother Callie Sprengler portrayed by Carrie Coon, and meet friends Podcast played by Logan Kim, and Lucky Domingo played by Celeste O’Connor.

A freshman, Isabella Blackburn, from Winter Springs, who has claimed to have watched all the previous movies stated, “I believe that the next movie is just going to be the same plot.” We follow the Sprenglers family in the new film. They return to New York, and discover an ancient relic has obtained an evil amount of force. The new and old ghostbusters must unite in order to save the whole city from being frozen to another ice age.