Senior Announcements

Courtesy of WSHS Leadership

Shaina Kaprow, Copy Editor

Beginning on the week of April 18, Senior Week will give the graduating class of WSHS a chance to show their spirit. The week, and the events soon after, provide WSHS seniors the opportunity to celebrate the last few weeks before graduation.

To begin the week, the Senior Sunrise will take place from 6:40 a.m. to 7:10 a.m. on the football field. The gathered seniors will enjoy the sunrise together, accompanied by free donuts and orange juice. They will bring their favorite blanket to lay on the grass and watch the sky change together. Senior shirts and crowns are the encouraged attire for the rest of the day to show off their school spirit.

Tuesday will feature Senior Swap Day, and it will be the same as in past years. By participating, a senior will take the place of a chosen teacher for the day while acting and dressing like them. The student swapping needs the teacher’s permission before the event takes place.

On Wednesday, seniors are encouraged to dress like senior citizens. The students should mimic the outfits of those 55 and over. After school at 7:00 p.m., High School Musical 3 will be shown on the football field. The attendees can buy popcorn, candy, and other assorted concessions during the movie. Students are recommended to bring something to sit or lay on while sitting on the grass and enjoy the movie with their friends.

Thursday’s dress-up theme is the 2000s and seniors at WSHS should wear their favorite outfits from the decade. Later in the day during lunch, seniors will be given Jeremiah’s Italian Ice after showing their student ID to the volunteers handing out these treats.

On Friday at 2 p.m., seniors can attend the Senior Picnic out on the football field for games, food, and the opportunity to have a good time with their friends in the graduating class. Students can dress in the theme of “Human Yearbook” where they will wear light-colored shirts, and have their friends sign them with messages. Just like their yearbooks, students can keep these signed shirts for years to come.

Other events include Prom on April 23 which follows the theme of “A Night in Venice,” and will provide both seniors, juniors, and any plus ones they choose to bring an opportunity to formally dress and attend from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. at the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel. On the Monday following Prom is Senior Skip Day where seniors will take the day off from school to do what they wish. Friday the 29 will feature Grad Bash. Grad Bash provides seniors a time to celebrate at Universal with other graduating classes after dark starting at 5 p.m. and going till 3 a.m. with transportation provided. Overall, the variety of upcoming events will give the class of 2022 many opportunities to celebrate their last weeks of high school.