WSHS Performing Arts Students Showcase Talents

JOE PETRO

Photo courtesy of WSHS Yearbook

Jordynn Leigh, Staff Writer

Winter Springs High School students displayed their talents and gifts at the Annual Winter Showcase. The show was held on December 6 and 7 and included performances from the chorus, band, and color guard students. The performing arts segment of our school worked extra hard every day of showcase week to prepare and perfect everything for their big show.

Isabella Gonzalez is a freshman in the Winter Springs chorus program. She performed in multiple pieces at the showcase. She was is in the “Bear Voices” and “Combined Women’s” chorus groups. A few of their songs included “Ain’t No Grave (Can Hold My Body Down)” and “Christmas Time Is Here.”

Gonzalez describes, “[The showcase] ran pretty smoothly and everything went as expected.”

Gonzalez also thought that there were many highs of the performances that stood out to her, including the smaller chorus groups, drum line, and cornerstone.

William Ward, also a freshman was another performer in the show case, he is a part of the band program. Ward was in the full marching band, concert band, trumpet section piece and the finale. He was a part of the performance of “Superheros ‘R Us” and “Highlights from West Side Story”. Ward believes the finale was one of the strongest points of the night.

“The most exciting part is the finale when all the band students and chorus students perform the Alma Mater. We all create such beautiful sound together.” Ward said.

Overall, Winter Springs High School’s 2018 Winter Showcase was a success and students are already looking forward to next year.