Troupe 5777 Puts on Little Shop of Horrors

WSHS’s Troupe 5777 is performing Little Shop of Horrors as their fall musical.

Cassie Todtenhagen, Staff Writer

This year at Winter Springs High School, the theater department will be performing Little Shop of Horrors as the fall play. In the past, the theater department has done Snow White, The Wizard of Oz, Guys and Dolls and many other amazing and fun plays.  Students anticipate Little Shop of Horrors.

Little Shop of Horrors is a play about an average flower shop worker named Seymore. Seymore soon comes in contact with a blood thirsty plant that lives in the shop. The plant, named Audrey the Second after Seymore’s crush, starts to tell Seymore to feed him people. Audrey the second offers Seymore fame in exchange for human blood. Little Shop of Horrors is a musical and also contains a lot of comedy. It is a fun thing for you, your friends, and family to see and it also is a great way to support the theater department. Troupe 5777 is working hard getting ready for their performances. They are being led by the head of the theater department, Mrs. Jennifer Devine.

Students were asked about their thoughts on the upcoming play. “I’ve seen the movie and I’m excited for the play” said sophomore Madisen Byrd.

Last year the theater program performed Monty Python’s Spamelot which was a big hit. Viewers greatly enjoyed it and the theater department hopes to have the same outcome with Little Shop of Horrors.

To ensure that students know about the upcoming play, fliers providing information have been posted around the school. Little Shop of Horrors will take place in the school auditorium on September 28th, and September 29th at 7:00 pm and September 30th at 200 pm and 7:00 pm. Students are encouraged to go! Also, the Winter Springs community including schools and middle schools are invited to come see the play!

It will be a fun thing for you and friends to do and an awesome way to support our drama department and all the hard work they have done to put this play together!