The student news site of Winter Springs High School

The Bear Truth News

• Follow The Bear Truth on Instagram @bear_truth_news

The Bear Truth News

The Bear Truth News

Book Club offers immersive reads

Winter Springs High School has many great clubs to choose from. One of which is Book Club, where students with a passion for reading can appreciate books with like minded peers.

The club sponsor is Ms. Breana Krausman and every club meeting is held in room 6-104. The club president is Madison Livingston and the vice president is Isabella Livingston

Members can vote for the books they want to read and discuss during the club. It’s a great place to get out of your comfort zone and read something new. Members can also get book recommendations from members who love the same genres and tropes of other students in the school. Before each meeting, book recommendations are taken and at the end they vote on what they are going to read next.

Last year, Book Club members particularly enjoyed reading The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides. Another universally enjoyed book among members was Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus.

Madison Livingston described why she loved being a part of the book club. “I love having a chance to discuss books with others. Before book club, I did not have anyone to talk about the books I was reading with, so it has been a great chance for me to meet other ‘bookworms’ that I can talk with. I also love getting to hear everyone’s opinions about a book, because they may look at it from a different perspective than mine or catch something interesting that I missed when I read the book.” 

Reading is such an immersive experience which can be difficult to share and explain to people who don’t read as a hobby. However, Book Club is a great opportunity to share your love of reading with peers and make new friends.