The student news site of Winter Springs High School

The Bear Truth News

• Follow The Bear Truth on Instagram @bear_truth_news

The Bear Truth News

The Bear Truth News

Dr. Breevort

Photo+by
Gabriella Arnold
Photo by

Dr. Sarah Brevoort has been working at Winter Springs High School for about four years now. She was an instructional coach at the district level, not at WSHS. Then she became a reading teacher at WSHS. She is currently responsible for scheduling all of the state testing for the students in the school. This includes (but is not limited to) the English/Math state tests that students are required to pass and the school day SAT/ACT. She used to work for the county and had different options of schools to choose from when leaving the county, but she chose Winter Springs because she likes the school staff and students here. It brings Dr. Brevoort joy being able to lend a helping hand to students and alleviate some of that stress that comes with testing. 

“If I can do anything to make it less stressful, that’s my goal,” she said. During her time being a reading teacher, she realized that she really enjoyed helping students that may have been struggling to pass. She wanted to be able to do that at a larger scale, so she took some educational leadership classes and got her doctorate. This led her to be able to move up in her position and affect more students rather than just the students in her classroom. 

In her free time, Dr. Brevoort enjoys scuba diving. A perfect day for Dr. Brevoort would be anywhere on the beach. Being able to sleep in and then walk on the beach would make her the happiest person. She finds herself most comfortable in the tropics being that she grew up in West Palm and Port St. Lucie. She also has two cats named Kip and Cillian. If Dr. Brevoort could have any super power; she would choose the ability to read minds, “I feel like it would make me a better communicator”. Lastly, Dr. Brevoort would like the students of Winter Springs High School to know that “the testing they do does not determine who they are in life, and they are so much bigger than any test score”.