WSHS welcomes a new administrator: Ms. Kristi Draus

New Vice Principal Kristi Draus will be taking over for Mr. McComb and Ms. Monte Carlo for next school year.

Adam Voldseth

Meghan Tonner, Editor in Chief

2016 has brought a fresh face to Winter Springs campus, Ms. Kristi Draus, as our newest assistant principal. Previously an assistant principal at Edgewater High School, Draus is stepping in as Ms. Monte Carlo and Mr. McComb prepare for retirement at the end of this year. Rather than waiting until next fall to train two new assistant principals, the county offered to hire Draus a semester early so she could learn the ropes of WSHS.

Originally from an Air Force family, Draus began her higher education in California, but quickly transferred to the University of West Florida after her parents were stationed in the panhandle of Florida. She has made her home in Central Florida with her husband and three year old son, and is very excited to become a part of WSHS culture.

“I love high school…I love football, I am a very big supporter of athletics! Once I get accustomed and get my feet on the ground I will live and breathe WSHS athletics, ” said Draus.
Draus cannot wait to immerse herself in bear pride and to know the student body better as she becomes more familiar with the school. Although we will dearly miss Ms. Monte Carlo and Mr. McComb, we are all very excited to get to know Draus better.