The student news site of Winter Springs High School

The Bear Truth News

• Follow The Bear Truth on Instagram @bear_truth_news

The Bear Truth News

The Bear Truth News

Traccie Eudell voted School-Related Employee of the Year

The recently announced ‘School-Related Employee of the Year’ is none other than Traccie Eudell, the bookkeeper at Winter Springs High School. Eudell is in her second year of working at Winter Springs High School, but has been working for Seminole County for twenty. She hopes to retire sometime in the next ten years. Eudell’s favorite hobby is shopping, more specifically for sneakers. She actually has a sneaker collection and even has more on the way.

As the bookkeeper, Eudell manages the financial workings of the school. This includes maintaining and monitoring the schools’ transactions, budget, and payroll. Eudell stated that the most challenging part of her job is when the numbers don’t add up. She explained that “when the numbers aren’t balanced at zero, you have to dig and dig,” and it can take several days to figure out. 

When asked to describe how she felt upon finding out she was voted Winter Springs High Schools’ ‘School-Related’ Employee of the Year’, Eudell described herself as “ecstatic and overwhelmed” that her peers thought enough of her to vote for her. “It was a great feeling,” she described.  

Eudell loves working at Winter Springs, and said the last two years she has been here “have been phenomenal.” She explained that she loves the school, her coworkers, the students, and how glad she is that she is able to have an impact on the school.