Student Halloween Costumes

Credit: WSHS principal/icon Mr. Gaffney

Silly Flores, Staff Reporter

The season for comfy sweaters, pumpkin spice, and scary stories is going strong. Halloween itself may have come to a close, but that doesn’t mean that it’s time to stop discussing the sweet and sour details of this year’s fall-themed fun. The leaves are still slowly starting to change color, the ghost tours around Florida are just as fun as they were during Halloween, and some theme parks are still hosting spooky events to celebrate.

While Halloween is an enjoyable experience for the community, everyone is still advised to pay close attention to their surroundings and stay safe. According to Vox, children are three times as likely to be hit by a vehicle on Halloween than they are during any other day of the year. Also, candy is sometimes hiding harmful objects and substances for malicious intent. Safety is always very important, and it is absolutely crucial for students to be responsible wherever they may trick-or-treat.

Needless to say, Halloween isn’t the only time of year that people need to focus on safety. It is also vital for everyone to keep themselves in good health and state of mind during the rest of the year. Don’t leave drinks unattended when out and about, don’t drive under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, and never make a decision that would put anyone’s life at stake.

Meanwhile at Winter Springs, Homecoming week flew by with its themed days. From pajamas to Adam Sandler, students all over campus took part in dressing up for The Bear Nation’s Homecoming week. 

The students of WSHS have put an extraordinary amount of thought and effort into making fun and unique costumes. Even teachers and staff took part in order to further spread the Halloween spirit. A group photo with those delightful costumes are displayed here.