Hailey Jewett senior spotlight

Tavion Alexander, Staff Reporter

Hailey Jewett is a senior at Winter Springs High School. But there are many other things people may not know about this student.as a member of the WSHS softball team she will have a positive impact on our sports record this year as softball season starts up this spring. With Hailey Jewett playing since six or seven years old she has some experience up her sleeve when it comes to the sport.

Softball can bring many things to the table but her main focus was “the team work and the strong bond you form when you play” with other advantages also. Though she did state the worst part about softball is “definitely playing in the heat” as the Florida heat can be a bit of a problem. Though if she were to pick a second sport Hailey was quoted saying “I wish that I got into volleyball but I’m happy that I stuck with softball”.

But with the senior year coming and going, another aspect of  future plans arises, what to do after high school is over. With things like work and college in the wind there are many questions people might want to know. One is which college is the best, and for Hailey  NCLA or UClA. Or as quoted by hailey Jewett “ I really like new york but anywhere out of state really”.

She plans on playing college ball for where she decides to attend. The real question is how she liked Winter Springs and most importantly WS High School? She has said that her opinion on the school is that  “because it is one of the smaller high schools it makes everyone way closer, I’ve met a lot of life long friends here”.

But as time passes, will the future college student miss highschool? It turns out there is an answer to that question, with Hailey Jewett saying that “ I’m happy to get that diploma but I will miss it. But this will not be the last time the people will hear about the promising softball star so let’s celebrate this senior with this senior spotlight.