Jarzynka Exemplifies School Spirit

Bailey McLean, Staff Reporter

Recently, Mr. Jarzynka talked about our school and school spirit. The conversation was light and funny, and during this interview you can see how passionate Mr. Jarzynka is about our school. Below are some “excerpts” from the conversation. 

Mr. Jarzynka grew up in a community that demonstrated pride in itself and it’s high school, so it makes sense that you can always find Mr. Jarzynka dressing up with the craziest outfits on game days catching the eyes of students and teachers. This is one of the ways he shows pride in the school and the students who attend. He believes in a strong school culture, with pride and tradition. Our school is 20 years young and this is his 3rd year as our assistant principal. He has pride in our students and genuinely reaches out to them on a daily basis.

Mr. Jarzynka is a strong supporter in investing in our school and the students. He believes in the institution of learning and a schools curriculum. However, to balance the two, he feels that students should be able to have fun in school, to be safe as well as happy where they are. One should love where they work and the students should love where they go. A safe school environment fosters healthy learning for the students and the teachers. This is what Mr. Jarzynka promotes throughout our school. Our school community is not just sports, which most would relate to school spirit. We also promote our school clubs that are just as important. “Showing up,” these words from Mr. Jarzynka rang throughout our whole interview. Mr. Jarzynka believes in showing up for what you believe in, showing up for the people that believe in you. The school is always changing, it’s always evolving to strive to be the best that it can be. Mr. Jarzynka feels strong in instilling this in our school community for the best possible outcome for the students and the teachers.