FSA Prep is Here!

With the FSA approaching, WSHS teachers are gearing up to guide their students to success.

Markel Bradley, Staff Writer

FSA time is here, and teachers at Winter Springs High are ready to see their students succeed. This year, the teachers have come up with a plan to try to increase students’ chance of succeeding.

Teachers here at Winter Springs have decided to host weekly and even weekend tutoring sessions to specifically work and focus on the main components that the FSA test will include. Ms. Wheeler, Mr. Dalfonso, and other teachers will be some of the hosts throughout the week and weekend.

This is an amazing opportunity of help for those students who struggle in the subjects that the FSA tests. Not only is it for the students who may struggle, but this can very well be for the students who do not struggle, just in order to have the extra practice and get better.

In some cases, FSA testing can determine the promotion of the next grade level, which means that this is a very big deal. As a matter of fact, FSA is a graduation requirement. Students should try to get as much help as they need in order to pass the FSA.

This is a very important time of year and students need to make sure they better their own understanding by any means necessary. Take advantage of the time you are given increase your chances of passing this difficult series of testing. While in these tutoring sessions, here are a few tips for students:

• Don’t be afraid to ask the teacher or instructor to go over something again, for this time is to perfect and better your knowledge on these things.
  • Make sure you understand what you are doing.
  • Take your time if need be, and slowly learn as you go.
  • Don’t wait till the last minute to take advantage of this