Tips for 4th Quarter Success

The 4th quarter is typically a time for “senioritis” and slacking; however, it is important to maintain good grades until the end of the year.

Olivia Temple, Staff Writer

The end of the school year is coming up, and since it’s almost over, students may not feel the need to keep putting effort into their homework and classes. However, despite summer being just around the corner, grades still matter and work still needs to be completed. Seniors will be graduating and showing that they took school seriously and powered through the last quarter will help maintain college acceptances and get jobs following high school.

To make sure the last quarter of the school year remains as successful as the previous three, students should stick to their regular schedule of waking up, going to school, and completing the work that needs to be turned in. Students should eat a healthy breakfast and be sure to get at least seven and a half hours of sleep to be able to focus on the day ahead. Also, asking classmates and teachers for help if students do not understand the lesson is important to continued success.

During the last quarter, most teens are thinking about summer and the plans they’ve made. In order to carry out those plans, however, one must power through the last couple of months of school to get good grades; otherwise, there may be consequences like canceled plans. So, students must give all they have this last quarter in order to finish out the year strong.