The Bear Truth News

• AP Exams begin May 7th

• Last Day of Senior Attendance is May 15th

• Prom is April 28th!

• Last Day of School Attendance May 25th

• Graduation is May 22nd

Wrestling Season Has Begun

WSHS wrestlers are excited for the season underway.

Olivia Temple, Staff Writer

The fall wrestling season is underway! The players are preparing for this season and are trying to win this year’s districts. The team is being led by Coach Ciero, Black, and Semrad.

The coaches make sure that their athletes are students first and athletes second. The kids know they have shoes to fill – because the seniors graduated – and it is going to take a lot of hard work, hours and sweat. Determination, Dedication, Discipline and Desire are the four D’s the wrestlers use to stay on track when being on the wrestling team.

Every year, the wrestling team fundraises to support the team financially. The players send their relatives or anyone they know “Sponsor letters” which are letters that ask for money and explain why. Last year the players stood outside of Publix with posters; this year Coach Ciero has an idea on giving out Jersey Mikes coupons for six inch subs to students, and some of the proceeds will be given to the wrestling team.

Coach Ciero has been coaching for 20 years overall ut has been coaching at Winter Springs High School for 12. He has previously coached football and golf for Winter Springs, but this season he will only be coaching wrestling. For a pregame snack, Coach Ciero suggests having something light like fruits and drinks like Gatorade.

“Coaching has helped me become a better teacher and it taught me that all kids are not the same, they have different weaknesses and strengths and as a teacher and a coach we have to understand that,” said Coach Ciero.

Jessiah Contreras, 11th grade, has been on the team since freshman year. His favorite part of the season is post-season because of districts. He fell in love with the sport because his brother played and he wanted to give it a try.

“Coach Ciero is a good influence, I’ve known him since middle school and has helped me learn a lot, educationally and about this sport. I know that being on the team is hard work especially having good grades for wrestling. My body can go further than my mind and I need to focus more on what my body can take, than what my mind wants me to do,” said Contreras.

His role model is his dad because he pushes him to be the best that he can be. He knows that this year is different because the seniors graduated and that the team needs to improve. He wants to take the team to states and there is some doubt about their team this season and he wants to prove everyone wrong.

Every student on the Winter Springs High School wrestling team is looking forward to a great season to bring pride to the den.

• Wrestling Season Has Begun

Around the Den

WSHS Video Production Team Comes Home With a Win!

• Wrestling Season Has Begun

Around the Den

FSA Prep is Here!

• Wrestling Season Has Begun

Around the Den

Class Spotlight: WSHS Innovates Through Renewable Energy

• Wrestling Season Has Begun

Around the Den

An Underclassman’s Guide to College

• Around the Den

Troupe 5777 Sells Acting Grams for Valentine’s Day

• Wrestling Season Has Begun

Around the Den

Seniors: Prepare for Graduation!

• Around the Den

WSHS Teachers Have Door Decoration Contest

• Wrestling Season Has Begun

Around the Den

• Wrestling Season Has Begun

Sports

WSHS Sophomore Beats School Track Record

• Wrestling Season Has Begun

Around the Den

FSA Prep is Here!

The student news site of Winter Springs High School
Wrestling Season Has Begun