College and Career Fair

The College and Career Fair was a great experience for WSHS juniors and seniors as they look ahead towards their future.

Markel Bradley, Staff Writer

Winter Springs High School recently hosted a college day for students. Many spotlight colleges and universities came from in and out of the state to come give students the opportunity to learn about their schools, and consider attending.

Colleges such as Florida State University, University of Alabama, Rollins College, Stetson University, and more were all in attendance. Each one of the schools has amazing majors and programs.

Florida State University offers majors such as computer engineering, political science, sports medicine, Anthropology, and many others. FSU expressed their interest in having students apply for their school by handing out pamphlets, brochures, and even things to fill out to get closer to the next step.

University of Florida was also in attendance. University of Florida has an outstanding reputation when it comes down to finance, marketing, accounting, statistics, psych, and are well-known for a variety of other things. They too handed out information to Winter Springs High School students who showed interest in applying in the near future.

Rollins College is a private, coeducational liberal arts college, founded in 1885 and located in Winter Park, Florida along the shores of Lake Virginia. Rollins College’s majors are known to be make very successful jobs and living styles. Their most popular majors are business, management, marketing, construction trades, psychology, many more. Rollins College is located in Winter Park, FL. They were in attendance as Winter Springs High School students expressed their interest to them as well.

The University of Alabama, has an amazing medical program, but that’s not all they have to offer, and they expressed that college day. The University of Alabama offers majors such as mechanical engineering, curriculum and instruction, economics, legal studies, political science, and lots of others. The University of Alabama also has an amazing sports program. Many students receive scholarships to go play football, basketball, soccer and more.

Though not all of them were spoken about, many more schools were in attendance for Winter Springs High School’s college day. Students have claimed that they will be excited for this event to come around next year, as they were given a chance to learn about schools that they could possibly spend the next stage of their lives in.