The Bear Truth News

• Follow The Bear Truth on Twitter @beartruthnews

Scholarships 101

Back to Article
Back to Article

Scholarships 101

Whether you are a freshmen or senior, it is always a good idea to get a head start on scholarships.

Siana Tricoles, Staff Reporter

High school gives you tons of opportunities to become educated about the process of college. Being a junior or senior can be extremely stressful with all of the exams and tests needed for college.

SAT scores are a big deal for colleges. They look at those scores to determine if you are good enough to go to their school.

“You should take the PSAT as many time as you can, time yourself and take it seriously,” said senior Weston Sanford.

Many people have been offered scholarships here at Winter Springs, especially for sports.

Junior Chris Jarrett, has been offered volleyball scholarships to a few colleges for, Rollins, Wake forest, and long beach universities.

“To get colleges to notice you, email them and try to get tons of attention from the college coaches. Usually, they will ask for a highlight video of you playing that sport to see your potential,” said junior Chris Jarrett.

Applying for scholarships may be a lot of work, but imagine the possibilities if you would just look online and in your school to see the possible results. Scholarships offer money for college tuition, and if you apply for some, you never know how many people applied for the same one. What if you are the only person who applied? Then you automatically win the money.

Senior Brandon Bradley applied for the Seminole County Martin Luther King Junior Oratorical Scholarship he won the scholarship. Four people applied in all of Seminole county. Four. You never know the possibilities.

“The advice that I would give underclassmen on how to do good during their junior year is to focus on school, also to start to look into schools that interest you,” said junior Sebastian Castro.

Junior year is the year when all of your classes matter the most. If you take more than four AP classes, you can take an AP study hall… use it wisely.

Scholarships are a great asset to your college life; they can help you so much. If it’s an athletic scholarship, academic or just any other scholarship out there, apply apply apply!

• Scholarships 101

Opinion

The Real American Gangsters: Drug Companies

• Scholarships 101

Around the Den

What It Takes to Be a Student-Athlete

• Scholarships 101

Around the Den

WSHS 2019 Seniors Dream and Reflect

• Scholarships 101

News

A Momumental Earth Day

• Scholarships 101

News

Celebrating Women’s History Month

• Scholarships 101

Opinion

Parkland Shooting One Year Later: Researchers Seek Causes and Cures

• Scholarships 101

Showcase

WSHS Water Polo Plays First Games

• Scholarships 101

Opinion

Blackface Controversies Show Underlying Racism in American Politics and Culture

• Scholarships 101

Around the Den

WSHS Culinary and Hospitality Prepare for Annual Gala

• Scholarships 101

News

WSHS Administration Enforces Safety Precautions

The student news site of Winter Springs High School
Scholarships 101