What to Leave in 2016 and Keep in 2017

Getty Images/iStockphoto

With 2017 just beginning, there are many things that people want to bring into the new year, but also some ideas to leave behind.

Jamila Williams, Staff Reporter

2016 has passed and 2017 is now in the present. Although the year has left, there are some things that some people just can’t let go of and leave in 2016. Here are a few things that should be left in 2016 and kept in 2017.

When it comes to school, a lot of students have a few problems that are very similar, and Amya Barahona is one of those students.

“Well if I had to say something that I could leave in 2016 it would be too much homework. Whenever I get home I always have hours of homework to do and it sometimes makes me feel like I don’t want to do it, which pretty much makes me push it off until the very last minute that I can

Many students all over the nation feel the same way. When logging into Twitter, all over the twitter time line (a sequence of “tweets” in chronological order, that the people who a person follows sends out on the app) this same style of tweet would most likely appear at least once.

“…And gosh when the teachers assign lots of homework at one time, I literally stare at my laptop and start to tear up, it’s insane,” said Barahona.

Students in this day and age are constantly being overwhelmed by the amount of work that they have to do. So leaving too much homework in 2016 would be a brilliant idea.

The next thing that many people feel should be left in 2016 are M. Musical.ly is an app that was created to be a fun way for people to sing along to their favorite songs while creating cool dance moves, yet some people are not a fan.

“What are musical.ly’s even for, are they here to make me cringe,” said sophomore Natalie Hernandez. “If there was one thing that drove me insane it would be musical.lys.

One thing that many people want to bring into 2017 is President Obama. Although some people have different opinions on him, many people still love and respect him.

“If I had to say what to bring, it’d be Obama, I love him,” said Hernandez as she continued to laugh.

In 2016 there were a lot celebrity deaths which caused many people to be very sad about this. This made many people fear their favorite celebrities passing away. This definitely included Betty White.

The frightened Betty lovers started a GoFundme for the actress to live after seeing some of their other favorite celebrities passing away.

Many people have many hopes for 2017, after all, 2016 was a pretty tragic year to many people.