Athlete Spotlight: Marcel Mitchell

Junior Marcel Mitchell has been on the WSHS varsity football team since freshman year. Currently, he is running back.

Holland Pink, Staff Reporter

This week’s spotlight will focus on one of Winter Springs’ notable football players.

As a junior, Marcel Mitchell (#24),  has made quite a name for himself around Seminole County. On August 26th,2016 Marcel rushed for 174 yards on 26 carries and scored the game- winning touchdown in the second OT session against the Freedom High School Patriots. (Orlando Sentinel). August 19th, 2016 the Bears took on Hagerty High School. Although Winter Springs lost, Mitchell rushed 112 yards and scored two touchdowns for the bears.

The Bears’ running back has been on varsity football since freshman year and will continue to help lead the team to more victories this season. One of his favorite things is when the team comes together as a family and wins the game together. Marcel is also talented off the field as he maintains a 3.8 GPA. After high school, he plans to attend college and pursue a degree in engineering.

Check out his Hudl highlights here! : http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4572944/marcel-mitchell