The student news site of Winter Springs High School

The Bear Truth News

• Grad Bash- April 28th, 2017

• Senior Picnic- April 21, 2017

• Follow The Bear Truth on Twitter @beartruthnews

• Senior Graduation! May 24th 2:30pm at UCF

Put Your Dancing Shoes On

Dancing With the Stars season 23 has premiered and is aired on ABC at 8 pm every Monday.

Jamila Williams, Staff Reporter

Put those dancing shoes on, crank your ballroom music up, and get ready, because Dancing With the Stars is right around the corner. Remember all of those nerve-wrecking feelings of a really good contestant losing, or the angry feeling that occurs when the judges were too harsh on the dancers? Well all of those feelings will most likely be resurfacing for season 23.

As the show did in seasons before, the contestants will be changing from the previous season. The burning question that everyone has been asking is, who will be on season 23?

On this season, there will be 13 pairings, including Amber Rose, Kenneth “Babyface” Edmonds, and Ryan Lochte.

Many viewers were shocked to see Ryan Lochte would be cast considering the dilemma in Brazil. Lochte had been caught in a lie during the Olympic games. Lochte stated that 4 men from brazil had been falsely dressed as policemen. He claimed that the men robbed him and his teammates. Since the incident, Lochte has come out and made a statement on his casting on the dance show.

Lochte says “ I think that’s one of the things that’s really going to help me, me being on the show.”

He goes on to say, “ There’s so many other important things, issues going on in the world, and you know, hopefully this[ Dancing With The Stars] helps, and helps people in a different mind perspective of me.”

Winter Springs High School sophomore Amya Barahona feels as though “his past couldn’t change the fact that he was casted before, but he should’ve resigned.”

Barahona then goes on to say that, “the show might be more interesting with him on there. I’m more so excited to see Amber Rose and Babyface. I believe Babyface will add a little spice, and Amber… I’m just excited to see what she will do.”

Although there is quite a bit of controversy on season 23, many people will still be tuning in. The first episode will premiere Monday, September 12th at 8 pm on ABC.

• Put Your Dancing Shoes On

Entertainment

YouTube Vs. Wall Street Journal

• Around the Den

Senior Flashback

• Put Your Dancing Shoes On

Showcase

Tips to be Successful on Standardized Tests

• Put Your Dancing Shoes On

Opinion

Is Feminism Experiencing a Revival? 

• Around the Den

WSHS Teachers Have Door Decoration Contest

• Put Your Dancing Shoes On

Student Life

How to Be Safe During a Wildfire

• Put Your Dancing Shoes On

Entertainment

YouTube Vs. Wall Street Journal

• Put Your Dancing Shoes On

News

Wildfires Hit Central Florida

• Around the Den

Senior Flashback

• Put Your Dancing Shoes On

Entertainment

Kong: Skull Island: Does the Modern Version Top the Original?

Put Your Dancing Shoes On